Thursday, August 20, 2015

My Top Aussie Books TBR

Hey everyone, with the recent #LoveOzYA movement on twitter I thought that I would share some Aussie books that are on my TBR since I have previously done this post about what Aussie books I recommend.


1. Ophelia by Jackie French
Okay I bought this in Sydney on the weekend and I cannot wait to start it! I loved Jackie French in high school and this book is an adaption of Shakespeare's Hamlet which I had to read for my HSC and I bloody loved (okay I really love Shakespeare, okay?) 

2. One True Thing by Nicole Hayes
I have started this one, but I got sick and then had to catch up on so much uni work that I haven't gotten back to it yet, but I will soon!

3. Cloudwish by Fiona Wood
I loved, loved, loved Wildlife by Fiona Wood and I cannot wait until September 1st when Cloudwish is published!

4. Risk by Fleur Ferris
This book is such an intriguing looking thriller, I am a sucker for a thriller book especially Aussie thrillers are reading Tara Moss's books.

5. Pretend... by Stacey Nash
I love Stacy Nash's Oxley College series (see Ssh! and Wait!) yes this could be because I live where this series is set but I also love Aussie NA and being able to relate to it so much makes me love it even more.

6. Every series by Ellie Marney
Sherlock Holmes. Enough said. Well Watts & Mycroft that is. 

7. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
I love These Broken Stars and when I heard that Kaufman had a new series out with another Aussie author I got really excited! 

8. Running Like China by Sophie Hardcastle
Usually I am not one for memoirs but after hearing Sophie speak about her troubles with mental illness on Monday night I cannot help but look forward to reading about her story and struggles that she has had. 



So that is it for my Aussie TBR be sure to comment below some more fantastic Aussie books for me to read!!

Keely xx

No comments:

Post a Comment