Monday, August 20, 2012

Guilty pleasures #1

Hey Guys! Sorry for the inactivity of late but I am in my last term of high school FOREVER! Exciting right? So I have been bombarded with assignments and tests and haven't had the chance to review anything! (But it hasn't stopped me reading)

I thought I'd kick off this week with a new meme! I don't actcually know if this is already a meme... but I thought I would share each week one of my guilty pleasures when it comes to reading! This week I thought I'd start with a genre that I have been loving and that is Surfing themed novels!

Surf Themed Novels!
I think that my love for the ocean has gone over into what I read! I love surfing themed novels and movies. This is just one of themes that if I see a book that has it I have to read it! While I admit some haven't been amazing, most have been just fanatastic to read. I am from a surfy town so that and the fact I am a lifesaver must have just gotten into my head about what I like to read.

These novels are some the surf themed novels that I have read. I loved Surf Ache because it is set in my home town, blue water high because I loved the TV series and had to read Fly's book, Surf School & Sisters was a great story of friendship and surfing,  the Indigo Girls wasn't all surf themed but it was there and is another Aussie novel and finally one of my favourite surf themed series/novels is the starfish sisters series they were both great reads as the girls try to get what they have worked so hard for and seeing the friendships form and recover was great!

So that is this weeks guilty pleasure! Feel free to join in on the fun and post a guilty pleasure every monday for everyone to find out what your guilty pleasure is! Don't forget to link me to your guilty pleasures each week!

Keely xx


No comments:

Post a Comment