Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Review Time! #12

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare


In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, while her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will - the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers to who she is and what she was born to do? As their search for the truth leads the three friends into peril, Tessa's heart is increasingly torn, especially when one of their own betrays them...(from goodreads.com)

At first was hesitant to read Clockwork Prince until Celine over at forget8me8not.blogspot.com convinced me to give Clockwork Angel a second chance and boy was she right! Unlike the first time I fell in love with clockwork angel and couldn’t wait to start clockwork prince that had been sitting on my shelf since I bought when it was released.
Love and lies can corrupt even the purest heart...

Clockwork Prince starts right where Clockwork Angel left off, Will doing things for Magnus Bane trying to break a curse that no-one knows about. The Enclave has given Charlotte and Henry two weeks to mind The Magister (Mortmain) along with the help of the Shadowhunters in the institute. Benedict Lightwood wants to take over the institute himself for a family feud between the Lightwood and Fairchild families or does he have another dangers motive?
Tessa, Tessa, Tessa I’m sorry but you annoyed me this book. I know you have a tough choice between Will and Jem but it seems like you are so confused you pick the first one that says I love you, to you. Not saying no more on that because I will just give it away.
Will believes that he is cursed that anyone whom he loves will die. Jem is slowly dying. Jessamine still wants out of the shadowhunter world. And Gideon and Gabriel Lightwood are at the institute to train Tessa and Sophie how to fight.
Will the chase is on to find Mortmain, the chase of Tessa’s love is also on. But will finding Mortmain answer the questions that Tessa is burning to find the answers too or will it lead to disappointment and betrayal by those who see loves the most?
Rate: 4.5/5
Also at the start of each chapters there are quotes from poetry and literature of the time, I can say that I knew some, I blame English for making me read the rime of the ancient mariner.  (I started getting annoyed at Will when he started to quote this)
Keely xx

No comments:

Post a Comment